Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Hassan Walls - Lithgow, NSW, Australia

c) an original photograph of something beautiful





All of my life I have lived in the rural town of Lithgow in the Blue Mountains. I was born and raised here, and it has had a massive influence on my awareness of nature and the countryside. This photograph was taken where I used to go for afternoon runs - my escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. It wasn't until I had moved to Sydney for university that I realised how beautiful the mountains really are, and how important the landscape was in shaping my way of life. I used to love looking at the roads below, and how they followed the contours of the mountain. It was so interesting to see how humans had built these roads so that they would work harmoniously with the mountainside. 




No comments:

Post a Comment